Amazon Global Logistic Cross Border Fulfillment (XBF) team is focused on breaking down barriers to allow 3rd party sellers to sell their items to customers around the world. The XBF team develops software that removes friction from the process of cross border selling for 3rd party sellers.
The XBF team is responsible for development of systems that enable sellers to expand their business to new customers around the world through increased exports and listing of their products for sale in new countries. This platform is pivotal to supporting 3rd party business expansion by creating new opportunities for sellers to introduce their products to customers around the world. We need your help to grow the business by building highly-available, scalable distributed systems that provide clean interfaces between sellers, customers and Amazon's software.
We're looking for passionate leaders who have demonstrated an ability to lead technical teams and drive the entire lifecycle of a product from inception to launch. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, project management for software within the team, and quality of the software development process.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience.
• 2+ years of experience developing and leading engineering teams.
• 2+ years software development experience in object-oriented design.
• Coding experience in Java, C++, or related technologies.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.