Manager, Security Technology
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about finding threats and building solutions against them? What about in an extremely large, decentralized global compute environment with attractive assets? Amazon is searching for talented individuals to help improve our security posture, and find those who pose a threat to our Customers.
The Customer Service Security Team is seeking a Manager, Security Technology to join the organization. The Customer Service Security team hunts for adversary activity impacting Customer Data using a variety of analytic techniques, host and network telemetry, and threat intelligence. This role is a critical component for guiding and aligning the priorities and the building of our tooling and capabilities to consume, process, and alert within our data for our team, and the larger Customer Service Security Organization. Learning from what we can do better while aligning with information security prioritization, this role influences and guides team of highly skilled developers and engineers into providing the support and leadership we need to combat threats, and helps raise the bar with protecting our customers.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record of technical leadership and success in delivering new features and products, all with an information security mindset. A commitment to teamwork, bias to action, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. This person has thrived and succeeded in aligning high quality technology products/services and automation, with security engineering in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the prioritization of various engineering and development projects against Amazon's high security bar
• Provide guidance to existing engineering and development teams as to Amazon security best practices as it relates to the use of automation and tooling
• Streamline communications between existing engineering and development teams for the most efficient path to effective automation
• Balance near-term deliverables with long-term investments, while raising the security bar for the Customer Service Security Team
• Meet with business partners to gather requirements and communicate capabilities.
• Communicate how to align management mission and vision with Amazon information security best practices
• 5+ years of professional experience in information security engineering or
• 3+ years engineering management experience
• Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated ability to develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
• Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Back to top