Manager Sales & BD-GlobalSellingIN
- Treviglio, Italy
Amazon offers services to sellers in multiple countries to sell on Amazon marketplaces/websites globally and grow multi-channel commerce. See sell.amazon.com and services.amazon.in for details of products and services. We are looking for a Sales & BD Manager as part of the Global Selling (Exports) team within Amazon India. Amazon Global Selling is an important initiative to grow the Amazon Marketplace Seller Business around the world, with the India team focusing on helping Indian sellers list on other Amazon global marketplaces. This person will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of Amazon Services by Manufacturers and Exporters in India wishing to sell globally, and play a key role in influencing product selection on global Amazon marketplaces/websites. The objective of this position is to deliver on-going new business growth to Amazon's suite of seller services. This business will play an important role in Amazon's mission to be the place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy on Earth.
Working in a dynamic sales environment, the person will be responsible for building & leading the short- long term strategy of the business by leading a team of Business Development Managers/ Sales Specialists who will be prospecting, qualifying, negotiating and onboarding third-party sellers. This positions' success will be measured by the new seller recruitment, product selection and revenue the sellers bring to the platform.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead and create the short to long term strategy for the business
- Understand Amazon Global Selling products and services and be able to articulate the same to the team & to external audiences.
- Track and audit performance using appropriate metrics. Achieve inputs & output targets across seller recruitment, selection & revenue
- Identify specific cluster/ category opportunities for seller recruitment
- Working with industry bodies to drive awareness & get more business.
- Lead a team of Business Development Managers/ Sales Specialists to deliver the same.
This position is based out of Mumbai, India and will require travel
- Understanding and passion for e-commerce.
- Experience of working in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction required.
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- MBA is required with 8-12 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cross border trade, e-commerce, retail would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
- Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desirable
- Previous responsibility for strategy/business development, sales & account management, driving revenue targets is highly desirable.
- Prior experience influencing business entities/ C-level executive
Back to top