Manager, Risk Intelligence (Global Threat Analysis)
Position Overview: Amazon Corporate Security (ACS) is seeking a dynamic, and proven, leader for the role of Manager, Risk Intelligence. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development and production of intelligence products that assess risk and threats to Amazon's people, corporate assets, and reputation. The Manager will also lead a 24x7 analytical center of excellence.
About the Role: The position is responsible for deploying analytical techniques, tools, and tradecraft to mitigate risk and add value to business operations. The Manager will provide anticipatory warning and course of action recommendations in support of business strategies. The successful candidate will be able to interact successfully with corporate personnel across multiple business units and continents. The Manager is expected to be a creative thinker – capable of spotting and forecasting emerging trends and threats while outlining mitigation techniques.
This is a leadership and program development opportunity. The position is located in downtown Seattle within Amazon's Corporate Security Department.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant/equivalent experience working within a private sector intelligence or risk management position
- 3 years direct experience leading, managing, or developing global risk analysis and threat mitigation products for customers
- 3 years internationally-focused intelligence work, portfolio, and expertise (regional or functional experience)
- At least three years direct experience working in a private sector intelligence, risk management or similar position
- Experience managing and leading teams (contracted or full-time)
- Ability to formulate, and successfully deploy, risk methodologies and services
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools and processes (ArcGIS, PPT, Excel macros, pivot tables, linking tables); experience in research methods related to quantitative and qualitative evaluation
- Superstar communication abilities; must be able to write/present with impact
- Crisis management, response, or preparedness experience (CEM, ICS, or other)
- Global risk, analysis, and threat mitigation background; Language and cultural proficiencies
- Must be able to work independently in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Degree, or background, within intelligence, journalism, communications, or data science
- Technical competencies: MS Office Suite (Visio, Excel, SharePoint); Ability to manage large data arrays, Tableau, search engines, and other relevant tools
- Standing relationships with government, LE, and global associations relevant to the position
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top