The Strategic Account Services (SAS) organization is seeking a Manager, Regional Account Management to lead an organization of Account Managers responsible for the growth and development of some of the most influential sellers in the Amazon store.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement, and iterate on business strategies to deliver growth and positive experience for sellers. This person has relentlessly high standards and operates as a business owner who understand key levers to achieve results through their team. They have a passion for people management and are at their best when they're building, developing and guiding high-performing teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for all business and operational objectives of your Account Management organization (20-30+ people). You'll drive the creation and execution of strategies to achieve business goals and collaborate across your team and organization to explore innovative ways to identify and optimize growth levers such as selection expansion, merchandising strategy, brand positioning, and catalog quality.
If you are interested in growing brands and businesses on Amazon, then we're interested in talking to you!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage end to end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
• Lead business strategy development and identify the correct input metrics that drive growth and improve the end customer experience, in collaboration with cross-functional teams and other Amazon programs.
• Possess the ability to manage and deliver against complex goals where strategy is not defined. Able to make tradeoffs between short term seller needs and longer term strategic investment.
• Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your region's sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
• Build and cultivate strong relationships with sellers in your team's portfolio along with internal stakeholders; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
• Monitor seller satisfaction survey results to investigate both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and manage expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
• Manage seller needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource allocation of Account Managers.
• Use customer feedback, market growth trends, and analyze key metrics to contribute to strategic development of features and programs that accelerate seller's growth and improve their experience working with Amazon. Spot areas of unnecessary process or inefficiencies and actively work to simplify.
• Identify, optimize, and scale improvements that can benefit a large set of customers, e.g. driving efficiencies through tools and processes, simplifying SOPs, etc., working across multiple organizations. Develop mechanisms to create accountability.
• Manage a direct team of Managers and an extended team of Account Managers, prioritizing strategic initiatives and escalation support as needed.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of sellers in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and lead strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Finance, Global Account Management, and Central Support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
• Manage recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization. Coach, mentor, and develop within and beyond your team.
• 6+ years managing a team of 6-8
• 2+ years managing leaders of a team
• 6+ years professional experience within Account Management, Sales, Customer Success, Vendor Management, and/or Business Development.
• Demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of developing a high performing team.
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Goal Attainment: Demonstrated success in exceeding business, territory, and/or account goals using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
• Relationship Development: Proven track record of building and cultivating relationships with internal and external stakeholders driving resolutions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with excellent verbal and written communication.
• Data Interpretation: Experience using data to inform, report, and forecast for the purpose of making business decisions.
• Planning: Track record of developing long term business, and/or account strategy with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects and priorities across different teams and organizations, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Aspiring: Demonstrated ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in ambiguous and rapidly growing business.
• Experience in E-Commerce, Retail, Consulting and/or B2B
• Experience and expertise communicating/influencing senior business decision makers (C-level)
• Effective territory/account management. Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, and negotiation.
• Experience using analytical, account management, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, CRM tools like Salesforce, Tableau, and Microsoft Office Suites.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.