Manager Program Manager
- Herndon, VA
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent activity among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions across the globe? What would you do to increase trust in an online marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers transact? How would you build systems that evolve over time to proactively identify and neutralize new and growing fraud threats?
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex problems and delivering innovative solutions? Do you like to innovate and simplify?
Our mission in Buyer Risk Preventions (BRP) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to transact online. BRP safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites, while striving to ensure that these efforts are transparent to our legitimate customers. As such, BRP designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
As a Manager of Program Manager in BRP, you will be responsible
• Set the vision, direction, and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance, expectations and goals
• Define and execute tactical and strategic plans towards achieving the program vision and goals through efficient program management, stakeholder management
• Work with program, operations, and engineering / product management teams to understand program requirements and jointly develop a solution which solves a larger business problem
• Serve as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolution for complex problems
• Develop team goals and metrics that allow for accurate measurement and traction towards solving a business problem, achieve buy-in from stakeholders and actively report progress on the goals
• Continuously perform data based analysis to identify issues and report key insights, subsequently building data backed business cases
• People management i.e. performance appraisals, goal setting, training and mentoring talent to grow within organization & control attrition
• Active participation in hiring and building the team & raising the bar in hiring process
• Use industry proven tools such as lean/six sigma to drive operational efficiencies and quality improvement in the operations team under your purview
• Ensure employees growth & development, set priority, drive motivation & engagement for employees
• Develop and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders locally and around the world
• 8+ years of experience in related positions
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or a related field of study.
• Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs
• Demonstrated record of partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams. Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize program requirements.
• Experience and strong interest in Operations, proven ability to define effective, efficient, and scalable processes and drive continuous improvement through root cause identification and defect elimination
• Strong critical and analytical thinking; ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems, and perform cost benefit trade-offs
• Ability to work with and comprehend large & complex data sets, is able to deep dive and build insights based on analyses
• Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success in achieving buy-in for an innovative, bold and strategic vision
• Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Self-driven, ability to work independently to develop and execute strategies with minimal supervision
• Master's degree in business, engineering or a related field.
• Experience in building customer-facing payments products
• Experience with Localization, tailoring customer experiences to specific and local customer needs across the globe
• Strong bias for action and be able to work iteratively.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
• Exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this roleExceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top