Manager, Program Management - Video
Amazon Instant Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 200,000 titles available on-demand to Kindle Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes. We are seeking a Manager, Program Management for the Instant Video supply chain operations team.
You will lead a team of associate program managers whose core mission is to receive and ingest content from our partner studios and networks, maintain it through the publishing process, and ensure it makes it way to the site on-time and in pristine condition in the format and offers necessary to support our rapidly expanding service. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, a Program Manager on the Amazon Instant Video operations team will work closely with his or her cross-functional counterparts in engineering, content acquisition, product management, finance, and merchandising to ensure the operations team and systems are supporting the broader growth and customer oriented goals of the team.
Key activities include:
- Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and operate through obstacles to achieve program objectives
- Create reporting and dashboards for critical metrics to illustrate progress against goals to support team activities and report to management on weekly/monthly basis
- Work cross functionally with the content licensing, product management, engineering, merchandising and finance teams to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
- Bachelors degree is required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to function with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Strong process improvement background and experience
- Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
- Demonstrated success in leading a team to achieve bold short, medium and long-term goals
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization with a shown ability to influence others
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- 7+ years of professional and leadership experience and demonstrated increasing responsibility
- Experience and understanding of digital media and/or digital video supply chain desired
- A passion for digital media and digital video
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top