Amazon's Customer Service (CS) department is seeking an experienced Manager, Program Management to join the team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Consumer Customer Service Support C2S2 Project Delivery Leadership team. You will be responsible for managing a team of Project and Program Managers who will be driving high-visibility, strategic Customer Service programs that will directly impact the customer experience globally. You must be an experienced Program Manager who has owned and delivered complex process integration programs. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-cultural work place and you will have a natural ability to understand process, and see process alignment and streamline opportunities. You will be an expert planner, able to define the programs roadmap, project selection and critical success factors. You will ultimately manage the integration and embedding of new processes with established standard operational procedures and own all aspects of the programs execution.
• Lead a team of Project Managers and Program Managers, with full responsibility for ensuring all CS projects and programs meet operational and business requirements including milestones.
• Collaborate with other worldwide CS and technical teams to continuously innovate and redesign programs to better serve our customers.
• Define, prioritize and plan the programs that will need to be implemented, gaining alignment with all appropriate levels within Amazon's Customer Service (CS).
• Schedule and secure the resources and manage cross functional teams to deliver to these projects.
• Oversee all projects and programs in your portfolio, assigning resources based on complexity, availability and skill level.
• Monitor the programs overall progress: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
• Develop long-term department strategies and significantly influence the project and program development and delivery processes and standards.
• Identify and manage stakeholder groups, and provide regular operational metrics and business reports to those groups as needed.
• Act as a knowledgeable resource in CS Operations, sharing best practices in project management and program management.
• End to end responsibility for the execution and success of all programs delivered by the program managers on your team.
• Solid business acumen preferably working in a Customer Service, Technology, or Outsource service environment.
• Should have a proven track record in the delivery of large scale complex cross-functional projects.
• Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Business Information Systems.
• 6+ years leading project and/or program management teams with expert knowledge of project management life-cycle.
• 8+ years of people management experience including performance management, coaching, resource management, employee development.
• Experience working with partners across multiple countries and businesses.
• Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or equivalent) is preferred.
• PMP certified or equivalent project/program management certification.
• Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques.
• Working knowledge of Scaled Agile.
• Diverse work experience/background; an obsession for customer service combined with business curiosity and a strategic viewpoint.
• Analytical thinker with a proven ability to probe, question and get "under the hood" of established business operations and processes.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail (manage ambiguity; be prepared to get involved).
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us