Manager, Program Management
- Chennai, India
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment where they can relentlessly innovate for our customers. As a member of our IT Services organization, you will have an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to that goal.
Amazon has an immediate opening for a Manager of IT Program Managers in our Amazon corporate office. This role sits within our IT Program Management organization and will manage a team of Program Managers who are responsible for delivering complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery. Projects will range across a variety of technologies and processes, and are mostly cross-functional with global impact. You will ensure your team applies best practices to their projects and programs, provide timely updates, and meet PM-related KPIs and goals. You may also recommend improvements in the way projects are scoped, tested, and deployed across the business. You will also support critical relationships with customers, and negotiate agreements with suppliers or other external partners, such as resourcing.
You are the primary escalation point for project team members. You understand your customers and advocate on their behalf, communicating business objectives and priorities to team and stakeholders to deliver the best product/feature or system/process with most efficient use of resources and technologies. As an experienced people manager you hire and develop the best talent and build high performing teams.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
• 5+ years relevant work experience
• 2+ years managing teams of 6+ employees
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex processes and issues to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
• Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
• Project/Program management certification.
• Experience communicating with senior management (Director/VP-level decision-makers).
• IT Operational background
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top