Manager, Program Management
- Toronto, Canada
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Transportation Technology organization builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services.
As a member of this collaborative team, you will have an opportunity to make an impact in Amazon Logistics and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, research scientists, software developers, and business stakeholders to design the Amazon network of the future.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed Manager of Program Management with a strong track record of delivering results, proven project management experience, and a history of managing a PM team to own and execute strategic, cross-functional projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
You are results oriented and have thrived and succeeded in operating a new business in a highly ambiguous environment. You know how to be scrappy but operate as part of a larger team and business. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and operational focus. You will need to develop new processes, leveraging the best and creating the rest. High judgement, ability to influence, exceptional communication skills and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience managing a team of program managers
• Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and problem solving and communicating recommendations
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• MBA or advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other technical field.
• Strong data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification or Training
• SQL query writing
• Ability to work in a supportive and diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top