Manager, Product Management
Amazon is looking for a seasoned product leader to work on a strategic initiative to improve the customer and supplier experience. This initiative will transform the category, and have a significant impact in this business. You will scout for opportunities, draft the business strategy, and manage the team's roadmap to execute that strategy. You will be responsible for executing initiatives and scaling them for other categories within Amazon.
You will need to work cross-functionally within Amazon to drive this initiative. Through this, you will gain valuable experience with many Amazon teams and their systems.
Our team is highly collaborative and fun, and consists of experienced product managers. We are looking for an analytical, creative, and smart person who can execute large scale projects while still being fun to work with. If you want to transform the selling and buying experience on Amazon and make an immediate impact to millions of customers then apply now!
Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, thrives in ambiguity, and can drive results across cross-functional groups. The Senior Leader will be able to support their position with hard data and demonstrate the ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape. We are looking for someone who is team oriented and willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
You responsibilities will include:
- Envision and execute initiatives that will enhance the customer and supplier experiences, and support long-term growth of the business.
- Hire and manage a team of world-class product managers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision
- Lead large-scale products, working cross-functionally with other Amazon teams, and external partners.
- Deliver end-to-end process improvements to ensure products are operationally sound and scalable.
- Continually optimize the product roadmap, manage prioritization and trade-offs, and evangelize your initiatives across the organization.
- Shape product and technology strategy and definition
- Conduct business analysis, including gathering business/customer requirements, technical inputs and market data, and translation of results into business priorities and functional specifications.
- Create product roadmap schedules, identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, and define risk mitigation strategies
- Oversee product/technology coordination throughout the development lifecycle, from strategic definition to delivery
- Manage business and technical relationships through release and deployment to gather feedback on product quality and levels of service
- Drive a clear and well-defined process to assess priorities, generate requirements and ensure on-time delivery of key initiatives
- Partner with business teams to develop and execute go-to-market strategy.
- Define the feature sets, business requirements, measures of success, and roadmap for your experiences
- Create buy-in for your functional area vision both internally and with key external partners
- · Bachelor's degree from a top university, or appropriate work experience on well-loved technology products
- Experience performing relevant product management job functions
- Track record of hiring & developing high-performing Product Managers
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, and engineering team to meet aggressive goals
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- · MBA Preferred
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance Product Management teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top