Manager, Post Audit
Amazon is hiring a Manager for Post Audit management and expansion for the North America Financial Business Partnership team. This position will be responsible for the daily management and monitoring of consolidated post audit activities including Amazon's internal and external third party post auditors and related goals. This includes the oversight of post audit operations, processes, claim status, deductions, budgets and forecasts, deep dives, vendor contact metrics, defect reporting, contract administration, training, and program expansion. In addition, this position will manage the post audit function by working across the organization with multiple internal business partners on existing post audits as well as pursuing additional post audit opportunities across Amazon businesses. These partnership responsibilities will include engaging business partners, providing data, information and analyses to support and influence audit initiatives resulting in improved financial margins for respective partners. This position will be responsible for driving vendor contact improvements across the internal and external post audit groups, and for improving the defect reporting feedback loop with Retail and Retail Finance for driving defect improvements across the organization. Amazon businesses are growing and expanding at a rapid pace resulting in a dynamic work environment with many opportunities to develop the post audit function, methodologies and processes.
This position is on the front line of our NA Finance Business Services, Business Partnership team with a focus on global post audit Business Support initiatives. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, will have the ability to effectively communicate with leadership across Amazon, manage various high-priority and visible projects, have a solid understanding of AP/AR operations, and an understanding of how these operations flow to the business partner financial statements.
Areas of responsibility include though are not limited to:
- Oversee daily operations of third party auditors, identification of new opportunities across Amazon businesses, incorporating best practices and identifying areas of process or system improvements. Works with numerous Amazon business partners to ensure audits are timely, accurate and effective and support partners with vendor escalations, questions and concerns.
- Maintain end to end responsibility of key post audit processes and work with third party auditors, internal business partners and technology teams to understand measure and improve post audit performance and results. Performs high level analysis and works with complex data, utilizing operational excellence skills to ensure the post audit processes and results are accurate, timely and provide the continued growth in margin recoveries to Amazon.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also acknowledging, understanding and applying the detailed analytics to the big picture.
- Refine, develop and automate reporting of key post audit operational performance and financial metrics (for defect reduction, vendor contacts, and quality improvements) and analyze using Excel, SQL, COGNOS, Essbase and other tools to achieve business goals.
- Conduct post audit meetings with various finance teams focused on the key operational items and areas of opportunity to correct historical gaps in vendor management to improve financial performance.
- BS, BA, or BBA in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios including data analysis.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment, while also being able to handle multiple projects.
- Basic understanding of SQL queries, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- 7+ years of relevant post audit and/or finance experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- MBA, CPA, or similar graduate degree preferred.
- Oracle Financial application experience a plus.
- Experience in a Retail environment a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top