Manager, Policy Communications
- Herndon, VA
The Manager, Policy Communications, will be part of the strategic communications team that supports Amazon's state public policy team (East region). The ideal candidate will have a proven record of delivering results on a range of high profile policy issues for a complex company or organization. She/he will be able to help build and execute successful communications campaigns related to public policy at the state level, deftly manage inbound inquiries relating to policy issues, and drive awareness among key media and influencers of Amazon's positive impact on customers and the communities where we operate. The role is based in Washington, DC.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage a broad range of external communications programs and events in support of Amazon's policy goals;
• Establish and foster local, regional and national media relationships by serving as a trusted source and educator about Amazon;
• Seek out and/or create opportunities to further Amazon's public engagement on public policy issues at the state level;
• Deliver communications counsel to colleagues on the state public policy team on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities, earning trust across many parts of Amazon's business;
• Drive issues management programs with a policy component and serve as key communications counselor on crisis issues; and
• Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of public relations experience
• Communications experience with public policy issues working for a technology company and/or government
• Experience serving as a spokesperson on complex issues
• Ability to dive deep on public policy issues
• Experience working with policy reporters
• Strong understanding of the legislative process
Back to top