As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills. If you have excellent organizational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to provide exceptional customer service, we'd like to speak with you! Here's your chance to join our Training & Certification team working in the highly visible role of Manager, Partner Enablement, focused on Public Sector partners in the United States.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to take the initiative to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and autonomously, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, switch gears at a moment's notice, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. This role will be pivotal in supporting the AWS training of Public Sector partners in the AWS Partner Network (APN), which is the global partner program. It is focused on helping partners build a successful AWS-based business by providing great business, technical, professional services, marketing, and GTM support. This role will focus on the skills development and training plans for these APN partners.
• Manage a team of Partner Enablement Managers supporting US-based AWS Public Sector Partners.
• Engage Public Sector APN channel partners, understand patterns in their knowledge gaps and provide thought leadership for proposed training plans and curriculum.
• Create Learning plans for key strategic AWS Partners as required
• Increase the number of AWS certified and accredited partner individuals, individuals trained, and deliver against training goals. Plan, execute & host partner training in region
• Proactively collaborate with AWS Public Sector Partner Organization leadership and capture requirements in the region that can be developed into scalable training programs; be a voice for the partner team and their partners
• Analytical capability to understand key trends in the region across the APN channel partner community, and working with the partner leaders in the region to establish training plans and curriculum that will help drive customer satisfaction and partner revenue
• Gain a comprehensive knowledge of Partner training programs, T&C (Training and Certification) training offerings, course roadmap, funding programs, Partner programs, and course objective/overview to be a trusted advisor to partners
• Use data analytics and reporting to make business decisions and coordinate schedules for ILT events, manage event planning, working closely with partner teams
• Evaluate effectiveness and propose adjustments to training plans delivered to improve performance and ensure partner and AWS objectives are met
• Drive awareness of new or updated Partner training information for AWS Partner facing teams and AWS Partner community through established platforms
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in learning and development or enablement-related position
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Public Sector partners or customers
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role
• Recent experience (last 2 years) in a multinational technology company.
• 5 years' cloud technologist and distributed computing at a high level and relating back to curriculum
• 5 years' comprehensive knowledge on data to provide analytics in making business decisions
• 5+ years demonstrated business management skills across multiple projects
• Experience in sales enablement or organizational coaching.
• Experience with learning management systems and e-learning development tools.
• Experience with Partner and customer sales
• Experience in Partner or Channel enablement
• Experience in reading reports in Tableau or other Business Intelligence systems
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us