Manager, Outbound Lead Generation - Leader of Leaders
- Seattle, WA
We are growing our Demand Generation Sales team and seeking an experienced Sales Leader to help more companies make the move to the AWS cloud. If you are passionate about cloud technologies, AWS could be the right fit for your next career move. This role offers an innovative environment driven by outstanding leadership where the right candidate can influence customer outcomes at scale.
As a Sr. Sales Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth, connect with customers and shape the future of AWS. Your responsibilities will include building, managing and scaling the Outbound Demand Generation org, consisting of both first line managers and a highly talented early career team. The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management background with a passion for the customer. As a second line manager you will be adept at delivering desired outcomes through others while staying abreast of the detail. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute a strategy for Sales for North America.
This team supports our sales organization through helping customers adopt AWS services in North America. You will work with sales, partner, business development & marketing stakeholders to lead a team of Outbound Lead Generation Managers and Representatives in a high-volume, lead generation environment leveraging multiple tools and engagement models. Your success is measured by building a customer-focused and results-driven team that attains activity-based metrics and qualifies new business to meet sales goals. To ensure the team and org success, you will build strategic alignment both vertically and horizontally across AWS through cross-functional interlock.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage team to exceed qualified lead creation goals
- Manage team to attain daily activity metrics of outbound calls, decision maker contacts, qualified leads
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
- Train team on deep prospecting skills
- Develop reps into sales-ready candidates for future sales development positions
- Understand customer business issues and how these issues can be solved with AWS services
-Represent your business in monthly business reviews
• 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 5+ years sales management experience; managing teams of 10 or more
• Demonstrated record of people development.
• Ability to dive deep into data, find meaning and deliver outcomes.
• MBA, BA/BS degree or relevant experience
• Experience with CRM
• Proven track record of metrics and quota obtainment
• Strong leadership skills with a focus on associate development
• Experience developing and executing multi-modal, targeted campaigns
• Experience working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve common goal
• Experience with using data and trends to articulate business needs
• A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
• Salesforce.com experience
Back to top