Amazon Web Services provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud and we are growing our Outbound Lead Generation Sales team to help more companies make the move to the AWS cloud. If you are passionate about cloud technologies, AWS could be the right fit for your next career move. AWS offers an innovative environment driven by outstanding leadership where an eager candidate can advance through a learning and earning path. This position is offered in either our Arlington, VA headquarters or in our Seattle, WA headquarters.
As a Partner Demand Generation Sales Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive growth, connect with customers and shape the future of AWS. Your responsibilities will include building, managing and scaling the Partner Demand Generation Team, consisting of highly talented early career reps focused on co-selling with our top Partners (Independent Software Vendors and System Integrators). The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management background with a passion for the customer and Partners. As a first line manager you will be adept at delivering desired outcomes through others while staying abreast of details. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute a strategy for Partner Demand Generation Sales in the US.
This team supports sales and focuses on customers and prospects of all types of in North America. You will partner with sales and marketing stakeholders to lead a team of Outbound Lead Generation Representatives in a high-volume, outbound lead generation environment. Your success is measured by building a results-driven team that attains activity-based metrics and qualifies new business to meet sales goals. To ensure the team's success you will: monitor calls to improve qualification, meet/exceed response times, identify training opportunities, in partnership with sales ops you will build reports and dashboards to monitor activities and pipeline, and make recommendations that include business insights and process improvements. In addition, you will become a subject matter expert in cloud computing solution areas and impart this knowledge to the team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage team to exceed qualified lead creation goals
- Manage team to attain daily activity metrics of outbound calls, decision maker contacts, qualified leads
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
- Train team on deep prospecting skills
- Develop reps into sales-ready candidates for future sales development positions
- Understand customer business issues and how these issues can be solved with AWS services
-Represent your business in monthly business reviews
This position must sit in one of the following locations: Seattle, WA; Arlington, VA. Relocation offered for external candidates to these locations only
• 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 5+ years sales management experience; managing teams of 10 or more
• MBA, BA/BS degree or relevant experience
• Experience with CRM
• 2-3 years' experience working with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
• Demonstrated record of people development.
• Ability to dive deep into data, find meaning and deliver outcomes.
• Proven track record of metrics and quota obtainment
• Strong leadership skills with a focus on associate development
• Experience developing and executing multi-modal, targeted campaigns
• Experience working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve common goal
• Experience with using data and trends to articulate business needs
• A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
• Salesforce.com experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us