Manager, Ops Tech Integration
- London, United Kingdom
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mould to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Here is your opportunity: Amazon is looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented, experienced Manager to lead Line Haul Ops Tech Integration in Amazon Transportation Services.
In this role, you will drive the effective integration of tech products into the EU Line Haul operations network, owing user acceptance testing, launch, adoption and performance monitoring of key products. The role will also be the interface for Amazon Transportation Services across technology, product development, and operations partners responsible for scoping and defining the requirements and determining the implementation plan to meet our customers' needs while satisfying performance, network stability and budget goals in EU.
The responsibilities of a Manager, Line Haul Ops Tech Integration are:
• Have end-to-end ownership of various products and related programs for EU.
• Develop key KPIs to measure success of product/programs in EU and own periodic status reporting to monitor performance of product/program goals.
• Work closely with Ops teams to influence global product roadmaps during OP1/OP2 to ensure EU team's voice is represented during product roadmap design.
• Collaborate with product teams to define detailed product requirements and specifications, and test various use scenarios to validate them.
• Develop and oversee product launch plan by working closely with Product and Business teams. Implement post-launch product performance metrics. Drive adoption and expansion of the tech solutions in EU.
• Own the resolution of day-to-day technical issues with sound product and process knowledge; identify innovative solutions for issue resolution.
• Support EU business/Ops teams to solid build business cases for problems/new-requirements and work with Product teams to prioritise them for EU.
• Innovate on behalf of our EU customers (Carriers, Drivers and Internal Operators).
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or other technical field
• +6 years of prior experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced industrial, logistics, production/manufacturing
• Proven Project Management experience in a related industry, experience developing and refining technical and business operational processes and influencing business decisions using data analysis
• Experience in leadership positions in Supply Chain Tech, Finance, Operations, Logistics or Transportation functions.
• Experience managing a team.
• Master's degree or equivalent in Logistics / Supply Chain / Transportation/ Industrial Engineering
• Experience using statistical problem solving methods.
• Proficiency with analytics tools such as TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge.
• Experience in a transportation tech role at a large 3PL is a plus
• Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
• Fluency in German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other European languages
• Results oriented approach with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Fluent in English. Additional EU languages also beneficial.
• Confidence operating autonomously and working with ambiguity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with senior management teams.
• Exceptional document writing skills
• Management of competing priorities across a wide range of stakeholder
• Ability to manage, motivate, and influence partners
• Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top