Manager, Online Marketing - Amazon Devices
- Windhof, Luxembourg
We are looking for a talented Manager, Online Marketing to join our diverse Amazon Devices team in Europe.
As the ideal candidate, in this role you will have the opportunity to lead a team of online marketing managers and specialists to develop marketing strategies to drive demand and new customer acquisition across multiple traffic channels. This person will work closely with the global Product Management and local Category and Marketing teams to build, implement, and interpret marketing and merchandising programs that promote our lineup of Amazon Devices.
We are looking for someone to develop a healthy obsession with understanding our customers and providing services that meet their needs. This person should demonstrate the ability to build a high-performance team by hiring, developing, and promoting direct reports while setting high performance standards for his/her team, and ensuring alignment between team goals and broader organizational goals. This person must also enjoy being a creative contributor and thrive in working in a start-up environment.
You will initiate, oversee, plan, and execute multiple, highly visible, and exciting merchandising activities including new product launches. At the same time, you will work closely with the business and technical teams on many non-standard and unique business problems thanks to your creativity and your willingness to deliver actionable output.
This role requires excellent analytical and technical abilities as well as people management skills to deliver through others. As the ideal candidate, you are a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, superb attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You strive to answer business/marketing questions, you operate with minimal supervision, and you work well in a team environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Act as the voice of the customer in understanding their behavior and needs.
• Manage a team of strong performers.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing marketing and traffic metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Use click-stream and campaign data to make recommendations that will improve shopping experience.
• Plan, oversee, coordinate, and execute innovative marketing and merchandising initiatives to drive traffic, revenue, and conversion.
• Develop targeting strategies that will improve marketing and merchandising performance.
• Create an engaging site experience that makes shopping both easy and fun for customers while also meeting business goals.
• Write strong Amazon-approved campaign copy that is appealing to customers.
• Develop and execute marketing programs with little manager oversight, managing multiple projects effectively at the same time. Propose new ideas, concepts, or features with confidence, providing supporting data and projected ROI.
• When presented with issues or opportunities, formulate a plan of action with an aggressive but realistic timeline and engage with team and relevant stakeholders early in the process to help facilitate action. Motivate direct reports and peers to act quickly on issues and opportunities and help them properly prioritize the biggest opportunities. Demonstrate good intuition on understanding others' points of view and potential roadblocks/ issues.
• Proactively collaborate with other teams to share learnings and align promotions prior to making recommendations or decisions.
• Identify program and process improvement opportunities and not only rely on the existing way of doing things. Independently implement improvements at the team level.
Amazon is a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. We're a company of pioneers. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon.
Working on the Amazon Devices team will be unlike any job you have had. In the EU, we ensure our global activity is localized for the local marketplaces by making the customer experience on our devices and our EU sites culturally relevant.
• Minimum 6 years of work experience in marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products
• Experience managing a team with several direct reports
• A bachelor's degree is required
• Fluent English required
• Excellent proficiency in Excel and data understanding
• Significant experience in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
• Dives deep to ensure data integrity by validating with alternate data sources, by comparing results to expectations and to previous experiments, and by quickly identifying anomalies and gaps
• Demonstrates relentlessly high standards in campaign development and influences others (in design and product roles) to develop content that aligns with marketing brand and strategy. Shares and champions best practices across business. Is sought out by peers and stakeholders for his/her expertise
• Uses customer, channel, and program performance data to develop short- and long-term recommendations. Learns from experiments and dynamically course-corrects based on results
• Fluent Spanish, French, , Italian, Dutch, or British English
• MBA or Master's Degree in Marketing or Marketing-related Field
Please submit your CV in English. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We offer a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount, private health care and pension scheme. We are committed to keeping compensation fair and equitable.
Back to top