Manager of Product Management, Custom Ad Solutions & Products
At Amazon, we believe advertising can make the shopping experience better by helping customers find new products, research important decisions and learn more about their favorite brands.
The Custom Ads team within our larger Display Advertising group is seeking an experienced Manager of Product Management to lead a team of product- and project managers tasked with integrating advertiser brands into the Amazon customer experience in ways that surprise, delight and engage.
Your team will partner with Sales, creative/design, engineering and partner teams across Amazon to build innovative new advertising solutions for clients aligned with our Non-endemic verticals, primarily Entertainment, Autos, Financial Services and Travel.
As one of the team leaders, you will hire and motivate a diverse group of employees (in Seattle, New York and Los Angeles); help set the vision, values and culture of the team; provide direct guidance to individual contributors as they develop innovative new experiences for our customers; and partner with senior leaders in our Sales group (and other stakeholders) to align on priorities and opportunities for growth.
- Manage and grow our display advertising program by identifying new opportunities, developing strategies and executing upon those strategies in delivering new advertising solutions for our clients.
- Lead a team of Product Managers, responsible for the business plan that powers each solution we build, and Project Managers, who ensure we deliver our solutions flawlessly, on time and in scope
- Identify process improvements in team output and cross-team interactions that reduces friction for advertisers, eliminates internal redundancy and ensures high-quality experiences for Amazon customers
- Work directly with the advertising sales organization and clients/agencies to ensure our product offering continues to evolve and improve
- Manage resources and prioritization across multiple sales teams and client opportunities, feel comfortable working with technical teams to understand scope of projects and inform decisions necessary to solve complex problems
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Present confidently to Amazon senior management, external clients and other large audiences; enthusiastically own the process of preparing, writing and defending business reviews and annual planning documents
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6+ years in product management and/or product marketing
- · 3+ years of management experience
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous ad sales/business development/publisher experience are highly desired. Experience with custom solutions or branded content a plus.
- Passionate about advertising and have experience creating compelling consumer solutions that work both for end customers and advertisers.
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- Entertainment or Autos vertical experience a plus
- Basic understanding of technical integration of ideas, and the ability to build relationships with marketing managers, dev managers, SDEs and designers.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally and experience partnering with a global sales organization.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top