Manager of Business Development, Amazon Business
Would you like to be a part of the fastest growing team at Amazon that delivered $1B in revenue and attracted more than 400K business customers in a year since launch? Would you like to develop and implement cross-functional business development programs that increase the adoption of Amazon Business among SMBs and Enterprises customers?
Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products – everything from IT and lab equipment to education and food service supplies – as well as business-only selection and pricing. We are passionate about building solutions that enables the B2B customer to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions.
Amazon Business is looking for an experienced, driven and entrepreneurial Manager of Business Development to take a meaningful role in further growing Amazon Business - a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value that customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and rare benefits tailored to businesses.
- Identify business growth opportunities, negotiate terms and maintain relationships with key vendors across various product verticals
- Identify partnership roadblocks and partner with product and program management teams across Amazon to develop solutions to address them
- Effectively engage with C-level executive management of top B2B vendors to develop partnership strategies and business growth programs.
- Drive product and market segment analysis to grow B2B business.
- Partner with Category Sales and Marketing teams to drive business growth for supported vendors.
- Implement and track metrics for measuring success of vendor and partner engagement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years in vendor/account management, sales, business development, strategy consulting
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations
- A consistent track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business goals
Skill and Competencies:
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated individuals that are effective within distributed teams with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently
- Ability to multitask and thrive in rapidly changing environment is crucial
- Our environment is very dynamic, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detailed, analytical and comfortable working with multiple teams in a very ambiguous area
- 7+ years' experience
- MBA or an advanced degree
- B2B Experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top