Manager - ML Services
- Austin, TX
Interested in Machine Learning and AI? Our team's mission is to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal. We do this by developing managed ML services (SageMaker), unmanaged ML services (Deep Learning AMIs/Containers), Human in the loop ML services (Ground Truth/A2I/MTurk), and Inference services (Neo, EI). We also develop custom algorithms, frameworks, and ML tools.
We are seeking a Manager for our Applied Science & Software Development team. In this role it will be your job to help drive ML science and engineering for our existing human-in-the-loop ML products. You are also expected to develop and grow the software engineers and applied scientists on your team as well, and be a role model for Amazon LPs.
Strong technical skill and experience doing machine learning is preferred. Our customers are strongly technical and the solutions we build for them are strongly coupled to technical feasibility.
If you are ready for the challenge, come and help us design the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• MS in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of of experience developing machine learning algorithms and products
• 2+ years management experience (engineers or scientists)
• Ph.D in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
• Experience managing machine learning scientists or applied scientists
• Experience in both small (less than $1M/year) and large (more than $1B/year) products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top