Manager - ML Compiler (Neuron)
- Nashville, TN
In this role you will manage the Neuron SDK ML Compiler team. We are on the cutting edge of emerging technology, working to accelerate deep-learning. This is a unique opportunity to work on a brand new product where you will architect and implement business-critical features, work with cutting-edge research and manage a brilliant team of senior engineers.
At AWS AI our vision is to make deep learning pervasive for everyday developers and to democratize access to cutting edge infrastructure.
As an innovative and inspirational leader in this field you will guide a world-class team of compiler engineers, scaling and iterating our ground-breaking product in order to solve our customer's toughest problems and execute complex projects starting from architecture through several generations of delivery to customers.
You will collaborate with product owners, system architects, hardware engineers and AWS customers to ensure this new toolchain works with their existing environments and existing programming paradigms, and semantics can be maintained.
The Neuron compiler optimizes the performance of complex neural net models executed on the custom designed AWS ML Accelerators, including Inferentia, our first fully chip designed to accelerate deep-learning workloads and the forthcoming Trainium, designed for training. The Neuron SDK consists of a compiler, run-time stack and debugger integrated with Tensorflow, PyTorch, and MXNet. It is preinstalled in AWS Deep Learning AMIs and Deep Learning Containers for customers to quickly get started with running high performance and cost-effective inference.
Deep knowledge of resource management, scheduling, code generation, optimization, and new instruction architectures including CPU, NPU, GPU and novel forms of compute are necessary to be successful in this role.
Join us today and shape the future of one of AWS fastest growing products!
• B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
• 7+ years of experience in software engineering
• 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
• Experience recruiting, developing, and retaining engineering teams
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, or Python
• Experience with ISA: CPU, NPU, GPU, and novel forms of compute
• Strong knowledge of resource management, scheduling, code generation, and compute graph optimization
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with toolchains: LLVM, GCC
• Experience with AI acceleration
• Experience with ML frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, or MXNet
• Experience with compilation techniques: JIT, Dynamic Compilation, AOT Compilation, or Static Analysis
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top