Manager, M&A Tax
- Munich, Germany
Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager based at its Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA headquarters to support Mergers & Acquisitions. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Acting as a primary tax point of contact for acquisitions, dispositions and corporate restructurings, including due diligence, negotiation, structuring and post-close integration.
• Advising, coordinating and problem-solving across a multi-functional M&A team, including Corporate Development, Legal, HR, Accounting, Finance and business teams to achieve complex project goals.
• Researching and documenting domestic and international tax issues, including coordination with external advisors and support financial modeling and presentations of tax impacts of transactional planning.
• Providing technical advice related to transactions to other members of the tax department.
• Implementing and executing organizational processes to help the Tax M&A team meet its goal of best-in-class post-closing compliance and integration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in a tax and cross-functional M&A team, focusing on the tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, investments, and post-closing integration.
• Planning and coordinating corporate tax projects, with a focus on investments and acquisitions.
• Researching and providing tax advice with respect to corporate tax issues.
• Coordinating communications with business teams, internal tax functional subject matter experts, and create and support cross functional communication tools.
• Developing strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Legal, Accounting, HR, and Corporate Development.
• BA/BS degree
• Juris Doctor or Masters in Tax
• 4-6 years of tax experience
• Significant experience in M&A and outbound taxation concepts
• Deep knowledge of corporate tax laws, including domestic and international, along with a working understanding of state and local tax concepts
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex tax laws in a business setting
• Experience leading the tax workstream of transactions
• Experience with large-scale entity restructuring projects
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving ability
• Ability to multi-task between large, complex projects
• Experience in working in a large public accounting, law firm, or large multi-national corporation
• Experience managing large-scale project
• Strong technical writing and federal/international tax research skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top