- Sapporo, Japan
What is CTPS?
Our mission in Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned. Through technology and our people we manage risk across multiple geographies for multiple markets having its own diverse set if buyers and sellers. We focus on customers and scale through innovation. The CTPS team safeguards the order pipelines by monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
Summary of Responsibilities
• In charge of managing a team of Investigation specialists who investigate transactions on Amazon.com platforms and take appropriate actions based on processes, tools and high-judgment decisions.
• Provide leadership and administrative support to their team and manage them to achieve and constantly improve service levels based on forecast and capacity, minimize the impact of bad debt by meeting / achieving targets, achieve process improvement, ensure road mapped project execution (and identify new ones), and focus on the people development of their team.
• The responsibilities in this position may span over multiple processes and functions and locations. In addition to being responsible for achieving and exceeding team's defined metrics through sustainable change or process improvement. She / he will be expected to participate in strategic planning, project road mapping activities of the team.
• Identifies trends in team performance and recommends/ implements change to constantly raise the Performance levels in the team.
• Share ideas with Management that positively influence the vision for the CTPS group by using their exposure to team's technical or business areas, their understanding of Amazon's marketplace, trends and fraud issues impacting the retail industry.
• Expected to participate in projects that involve one (or more) teams within the Organization and that address issues outside the normal areas of responsibility or expertise required by their process.
• The key to success in this role is the ability to understand the CTPS group's vision and make independent decisions with sound judgment to manage their teams to attain that vision.
• Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements.
• Actively manage investigator capacity 7 days a week and the triggers for creating investigations to balance global investigation supply and demand.
• Provide focused feedback loops for investigators and managers based on crisp performance and quality data. Reward strong performers and manage out weak ones.
• Keep abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the retail industry. Ensure that Amazon is leading the curve in identifying and preventing new fraud attacks.
• Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and reduce time to identify new fraud Modus Operandi.
• Work with software teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for investigation tool sets.
• Recruit top-quality investigators. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
Scope of Work
• Metrics, by consistently leading their team to meet and exceed service levels and targets in reducing bad debt for their Company and maintain the performance and metrics of all team members, and hence the team at expected levels.
• Process Improvement, by delivering significant business impacts and/or contributions to their company through improvement to quality, productivity, or customer experience. Also, work with peer technical teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for investigation tool sets.
• People Development, by developing the Performance levels, career and skills of their Investigator teams through continuous closure of performance feedback loops. Possess ability to recruit excellent team members into their team and Company.
• Project Participation, by effectively participating in projects that involve multiple teams within their company that are above and beyond the normal area of responsibility or expertise. Consistently demonstrate timely delivery of projects on roadmap to support the team and department vision.
• Judgment and Discretion, the candidate has direct responsibility over multiple functions and processes. She/he consistently exercises discretion in tactical and strategic decision making/problem solving and routinely reports to management chain as required. She/he takes decisions that are reasoned, documented, and involve partnering with other internal stakeholder/teams as appropriate and required when making decisions that have wider impact.
• Minimum 1-3 years people management experience
• High communication skills in Japanese and English
• Proven operational, managerial, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge on process improvement and quality measures
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Schedule flexibility
Equivalent and relevant work experience considered
Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment
Strong interpersonal, verbal (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills desired
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products skills
Back to top