Manager - International Tax
Amazon is seeking an international tax manager to assist with supporting the U.S. international tax planning group in the Seattle headquarters. The manager will work with other international tax team members and business partners to help drive a variety of initiatives. This role will operate with some level of independence and the applicant will be expected to demonstrate a high level of collegiality in functioning as a technical tax adviser and project supervisor.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with driving a subset of the international tax driven structuring initiatives as relates to funding.
- Provide guidance from the US international tax perspective to Amazon's treasury group, namely to assist with the treasury group's initiatives and related inquiries (e.g. cash pools, equity and debt funding, intercompany settlements, currency considerations).
- Assist with evaluating business proposals to identify funding strategies.
- Assist with designing and implementing optimal tax structures.
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation/memos that contain well-reasoned, supported, and clear conclusions.
- Communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
- Work with US and non-US outside tax advisors.
- Work closely with other members of the global tax department.
- Manage and drive projects.
- Gain a deep understanding of (a) business initiatives, models, goals, and drivers (b) the structure and attributes (c) funding history and unique country requirements (d) significant past, present, and proposed planning initiatives.
This position is not directly involved in compliance.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of progressive international tax income tax experience in a large corporate environment and/or public accounting or large law firm.
- Understanding of the international tax provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations.
- CPA, JD, LLM, and/or MST
- Understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects – including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skillsHard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Detail-oriented and able to take ownership of projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top