Manager III, Risk
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. However, there are always a few people that try to take unfair advantage of a good thing...
This is a management position which will help build and lead a cross functional team focused on protecting AWS and its customers from the impact of fraudulent activity. You will be at the forefront of identifying and combating new fraud threats and keeping abreast of emerging threats. Your team will coordinate fraud related intelligence gathering at both the company and industry level. Your role will be to assure AWS is leading the way in identifying, preventing and mitigating fraud attacks.
Your responsibilities will include leading a team of investigators, analysts and specialists that will conduct complex investigations of existing fraud activity and drive related intelligence initiatives targeting emerging fraud threats to AWS. You will work across Amazon, with law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, intelligence agencies and the internet/information security community. You will bring unique and progressive thinking to counter malicious attacks while obsessing about the customer experience.
- Be the leader for the AWS fraud investigations and prosecutions team
- Assist in building a world class team of investigators, analysts and specialists to conduct complex and deep dive investigations of sophisticated criminals and criminal enterprises
- Strategize and develop approaches for intelligence/data driven complex fraud investigations
- Coordinate and liaise with Amazon Legal for prosecution and intelligence collaboration and sharing
- Develop working relationships with domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies, prosecutors' offices and national security agencies
- Work with cross-functional teams across Amazon for collaboration on fraud risks and investigations
- Create SOPs and policies for AWS fraud investigations and ensure policies and procedures are kept current
- Liaise with private industry groups involved in fraud prevention and mitigation
- Take on ad hoc projects/assignments in response to emerging fraud trends as necessary
- Minimum of five years experience in: Fraud or Cyber Crime or Financial Crimes or White Collar Crimes or Financial Risk Management
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams conducting complex investigations and intelligence initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex investigative and strategic decisions
- Experience working with Federal/State/foreign law enforcement or national security agencies
- Experience working with Federal/State/foreign prosecutors
- Experience working with in-house or outside legal counsel
- Experience with intelligence collaboration/sharing with private industry, law enforcement and national security agencies
- Experience investigating or prosecuting fraud matters or cyber crime or white collar crime or transnational organized crime
- Experience countering fraud in a technology services organization or similar environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top