Manager II, Program Management
- Bengaluru, India
The Bad Actor Disincentives (BAD) team is responsible for removing the incentive for Bad Actors while accurately and fairly paying millions of third-party sellers along with disrupting the bad actor flywheel and change the economics of abuse within our store. The team works to ensure that bad actors cannot profit from using our services to abuse customers, selling partners and Amazon. To accomplish this mission, we withhold funds from bad actors, deny our fulfilment network to bad actors as a means to scale their abuse and ensure that counterfeit/illegal inventory is destroyed, prevent seller credit abuse, identify and disrupt bad actor spare accounts, and generate insights to help CTPS understand where bad actors are prioritizing their efforts. While we obsess over customers, we specialize in obsessing over bad actors to identify their friction points and multiply them exponentially in ways that don't impact good sellers. Our vision is to ensure Bad Actors never receive a dollar from selling on Amazon and abusing our policies. This is done with minimal friction for good sellers, clearly communicated policies, and accurate calculations. If we successfully achieve our vision, then Bad Actors will stop committing misconduct on Amazon.
We are looking for a creative, experienced program manager and a strong leader to lead BAD's BAR program (Bad actor Research and Analysis) to lead:
1. Business Excellence and Intelligence team (Quality and Intelligence),
2. Global Program for Ops Analytics, Workforce, Capacity and Planning for Merchant Credit, Merchant Debt Recovery and BFD- Bad Actor Flywheel Disruption (Formerly DAP).
3. Change management and country expansions for MC, MDRI and BFD.
This role will be responsible for executing end-to-end process improvement, raising the bar to take high judgement decisions through actionable intelligence and implement best practices. An ideal candidate will possess leadership experience in the Quality, Workforce, Ops Analytics and Change management domain with respect to best in class real-time mechanisms, optimizing manpower in contact center environments along with background in building and improving quality and support processes.
• Introduce new systems and procedures that drive defect identification and reduction.
• Drive efficiency improvements by eliminating non value add processes and introducing automation capabilities- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and quality.
• Recruit top-quality employees. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
• Work with Tools and Administration team to articulate and prioritize feature needs for system and tools.
• Identify bad actors at scale and prevent them from abusing our store through policy development and leadership of your team.
• Manage a team of managers and elite bad actor intelligence specialists working on high judgement & high risk investigations.
• Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within your organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
• Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders including application of succession planning at all levels across all teams.
• Manage and execute for defined metrics and quality, maintain clear metrics on our audit handling volumes, performance, high judgement score and decision accuracy.
• Achieve operational excellence and drive process improvement in our service level agreements (SLAs) for all processing activities.
• Analyze the key levers of the business to identify bad debt trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional leadership, analytical, managerial, interpersonal, and project management skills. Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering with relevant work experience.
• At least 7+ years of proven experience in leading operations and program management.
• Proven experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports.
• A proven track record of implementing, delivering large projects and communicating effectively an executive level.
Ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems Experience with abuse, risk management, compliance or similar product initiatives Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously Proficient with basic SQL queries. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top