Manager I, Catalog
- Beijing, China
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in multiple countries, including Retail, third party marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, web services for developers.
The RBS group in UAE is an integral part of Amazon's online product life cycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates, maintains the content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver to their requirements. In addition, work directly with the stakeholders to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others. Outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
• Responsible for meeting operational and business goals through leading a team and capacity planning through forecasting
• Troubleshoot and drive resolutions to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies
• Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, technology teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect catalog management workflows
• Drive appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
• Manage stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes and escalations
• Ensure high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization
• Execute specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement
Key Performance Areas
• People Management (leadership, stakeholder management, team management, floor control and retention)
• Formulate, implement, track career path & individual development plans of each member in the team
• Metrics management through regular reviews and delivering specific metric goals against targets
• Mentor and guide associates, sr. associates and SMEs to manage quality, improve process efficiency, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
• Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
Qualification & Experience:
• Minimum 2 to 4 years in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders.
• (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
• To receive security clearance all candidates must undergo a background check
• Directly managed operations for at least 2 years
• Managed a downstream team of at least 20 people in operations
• Has experience in managing critical operational processes, with SLA responsibility
• Graduate in any stream
• Has strong analytical ability
• Has demonstrated ability to hire and develop a very strong team
• Minimum 4-6 years work experience with at least 2 years in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders
• Masters in Business Administration
• Strong communication skills in both English & Arabic (spoken & written)
Back to top