Manager for Data Scientists and Language Engineers
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a manager for data scientists and language engineers, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our natural language understanding models and ranking models for Alexa. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Understand business requirements and map them to technical requirements
- Provide a plan for contextual data annotation, schema design, tooling, execution workflows
- Scale the workflows to other domains and languages
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
- Master's or PhD in a relevant field
- 5+ years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- 3+ years of managing data scientists language engineers and/or computational linguists
- Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
- Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Fluency in a foreign language
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top