Manager External Affairs UK
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The AMZL EU Launch & Expansion team is growing as Amazon Logistics (AMZL) continues to expand its world-class last mile delivery experience for customers. As a result, we are seeking a highly experienced, dynamic, and organized leader to join as Manager External Affairs UK to support the continued expansion of our Last Mile Delivery network in the UK.
You will be responsible for partnering with various internal and external stakeholders to secure real estate and expedite permitting and other approval processes, as required, with a view to realise the AMZL expansion roadmap in the UK. In conjunction with other functional teams such as Public Policy, Public Relations, Real Estate, Design & Construction, Sustainability, you will develop and implement engagement strategies towards corporations, institutions and municipal audiences (politicians, authorities, etc.) to identify real estate opportunities and secure planning. As part of Amazon's commitment to delivering the best experience to customers, you will also work to identify new urban last mile delivery solutions that are supported and welcomed by local authorities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a natural relationship builder with the capability to engage and influence stakeholders, both internal and external, while driving standardization and consistency across multiple complex projects. The ideal candidate will have high levels of autonomy, integrity and judgment and be comfortable supporting and driving complex cross functional projects involving multiple stakeholders with sometimes diverging interests. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and detail-oriented, exhibit interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic climate. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record in generating results, solving problems, and in strategic long-term thinking. Excellent writing skills are imperative. The Launch Engagement Manager must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complex issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express opinions and convince audiences.
Internally, you will work with functions that cut across the organization including Real Estate, Design & Construction, Public Policy, PR, Sustainability, and Engineering. You will communicate regularly with Amazon's Senior Leadership as well as with leaders at major companies to strengthen partner relations.
Please note: This role will require frequent travel. The successful candidate will be based in London or in any other location in the UK where Amazon Logistics has an operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Build a pipeline of and develop engagement strategies towards corporate partners in view of securing real estate opportunities and building last mile delivery solutions;
• Devise or revisit engagement strategies towards political / administrative audiences, direct and supervise implementation of those strategies to measurably advance our network expansion goals;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of public affairs and reputational campaigns tailored to position AMZL as driver of innovative and sustainable last mile delivery solutions;
• Refine existing and develop new messaging that strengthens our communication to relevant corporate/municipal audiences;
• Advise the business on both short and long-term challenges and opportunities and recommend actions and measures suitable to increase municipal endorsement;
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Prior relevant professional experience appropriate for the position, e.g. real estate, business development, public policy, government affairs, community relations, project development, business development, or similar;
• Bachelor's degree;
• Experience in project management.
• Master's degree preferably in a relevant discipline;
• Experience driving strategic alliances and partnerships to achieve specific business goals;
• Political savviness and ability to engage with external stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience with supply chain and logistics, infrastructure and/or real estate;
• Knowledge of and ability to conduct business in another European language (particularly German, French, Italian and/or Spanish);
• Oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills - including skills in advocacy and using rhetoric to persuade and inform on complex and technical issues;
• Track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures;
• Ability to establish credibility and work with business and technical owners at all levels;
• Ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel;
• Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details.
Back to top