- United States
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Accommodation Team.
The DLS Manager role consists of providing exceptional customer service, partnership and coordination with business teams, senior leadership, managers and HR. The ideal candidate require exceptional operational knowledge, execution, data understanding and leadership skills to take on a highly impactful specialist role while managing a team of 10-15 DLS members regarding leaves and accommodations. The successful candidate will assist in fostering the growth of the program and development of the process changes and opportunities to improve efficiency and the customer experience.
This role will need to see things through to completion, have the ability to manage and coordinate complex processes, possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of employees and management, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong critical thinking and fact-finding skills, and exceptional customer service focus. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess a bias for action to develop and improve processes, take ownership and show initiative. This individual will need deep subject matter knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to provide phenomenal customer service.
• Manage the performance of teams through insightful communications, regular 1:1's, team meetings and reward and recognition programs. These teams can consist of Accommodation Consultants, Leave Case Managers, Triage Specialists and/or Sr. Case Managers
• Drive continuous improvement processes/initiatives to enhance the operational efficiency of the program.
• Ensure compliance with a standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
• Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
• Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
• Achieve performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
• Communicate policies to the team and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
• Partner with Operations Manager and other Team Supervisors regarding organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
• Respond to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendations. Develops remediation plan and drives to resolution with minimal guidance from Manager.
• Perform audits of team's work, providing coaching and feedback to support ongoing performance improvement.
• Maintain familiarity with defined operations processes to validate delivery in accordance with set quality standards and ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state or local laws and company policy
• Contribute to growing the expertise of our stakeholders, by participating in meetings, tough case reviews, resolution of escalated cases and consultation
• Collaborate with legal and compliance stakeholders on regulatory/employment liability issues as they relate to complex cases and/or policy development with leave, disability and/or Accommodation
• Collaborate with team members on development and review of SOPs and process documents
• Participate and lead initiatives in cross-functional process and business improvement projects
• Support developments and implement standardized training materials, tools and resources to improve quality and productivity of the team
• Partner with recruitment to post job openings and participate in interview loops across DLS
• Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee's changing needs
• Address and respond to sensitive situations
• Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers for team members and customers
• Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
• Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
• Influence change to ensure operational standards are met.
• Act as mentor/trainer for all team members as needed to support skill development or onboarding new team members
Other duties as assigned
• 6+ years of team lead or supervisory experience, or serving in a team specialist or leadership role
• Experience supervising customer service representatives or case managers in a related program
• Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
• SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
• Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
• Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or complex employee matter
• Experience with global service and employee delivery
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
• Experience working with confidential information
• Knowledge of federal or state leave and disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
• Experience as a leave of absence and/or disability claim manager, with experience using a case management system, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $85,600/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top