Manager - DLS
- Pune, India
Amazon's Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team in the Employee Services (ES) organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. To support this growth globally, DLS is driving to redesign our processes and tools for service globalization and infinite scalability, requiring strong operational leadership to help us achieve this.
While some in our organization will work on new service designs and specifications, we need expert operational / service delivery manager, with strong leadership skills, service operations in line with our leadership principle of customer obsession. The DLS Manager will pride themselves and have a track record of flawless execution, continuous improvement of service operations using people, tools and processes, demonstrating ownership and a bias for action. The ideal candidate must possess energized and challenged bias in a role where they lead and develop people organizations whose focus is on exceptional service delivery. The DLS Manager will lead successfully through a well-developed, cohesive leadership team that amplifies the vision and commitments they declare. The DLS Manager will work across multiple business groups and locations delivering DLS services to employees, managers and HR colleagues, earning trust of stakeholders.
The DLS Manager role consists also in providing exceptional customer service, partnership and coordination with business teams, senior leadership, managers and HR. The ideal candidate require exceptional operational knowledge, execution, data understanding and leadership skills to take on a highly impactful specialist role while managing a team of 12-15 DLS members regarding leaves and accommodations. The successful candidate will assist in fostering the growth of the program and development of the process changes and opportunities to improve efficiency and the customer experience.
This role will need to see things through to completion, have the ability to manage and coordinate complex processes, possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of employees and management, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong critical thinking and fact-finding skills, and exceptional customer service focus. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess a bias for action to develop and improve processes, take ownership and show initiative. This individual will need deep subject matter knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to provide phenomenal customer service.
Project Management and Communication:
• Developing team capabilities: This position will work at an individual and team level to develop HR and leadership skills, provide stretch opportunities to advance the team and provide career development opportunities for team members.
• Identifies customer impacting issues and implement solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives influencing site and country procedures with little or no guidance.
• Knows how to deal with ambiguity taking calculated risks at the moment of making decisions that are impactful to the operation.
• Assists in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the teams.
• Drives continuous improvement processes/initiatives to enhance the operational efficiency of the site. Understands and effectively utilizes resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures. Executes business goals.
• Creates business cases and manages enhancements. Presents high quality data findings.
• Responds to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendations. Develops remediation plan and drives to resolution with minimal guidance from Manager.
• Subject matter expert in contact center environment involving Work Flow, training, finance, among other support teams.
• Possess high capacity and planning knowledge. Forecast and recruiting skills.
• Leads and develops work teams; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the teams. Manages and ensures high service delivery and execution.
• Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals. Has the ability of dealing with conflict despite personal comfort.
• Communicates policies to the team and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon's policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; and effective conflict resolution.
• Creates a safe, trusting environment for communication based on open dialogue; encourage team members to express views.
• Represents Amazon's Leadership Principles at all times.
Subject Matter Expertise:
• Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for customers, team and vendors. General understanding of ES workload and priorities.
• Knows and works with outside sources to develop interpretations and solutions for complex issues.
• Performs audits of team's work, providing coaching and feedback to support ongoing performance improvement. Assists in developing and approving performance guidelines
• Advocates for ES.
• Overall 8-10 years of experience.
• Minimum 5 years of managerial experience with client facing roles on US geography.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a field such as Business Administration, B. Com Human Resources or equivalent graduation degree.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong People & operational leadership skills.
• Strong Analytical Ability
• Ability to manage large & complex projects
• Experience of managing diversified portfolios /processes ( Voice / back-office)
Preferred/Essential skill Requirement:
• Ability to handle projects using the Project Management principles and methodology.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.
• Fluent in English and third language proficiency is an added advantage.
• Basic US legislation Leave of Absence and Accommodations knowledge.
• Preferred 2 years of Leave and/or Accommodations experience., Knowledge of federal and state leave and disability laws
• Experience in providing consultation and guidance on leave of absence, human resources, benefits, or complex employee matters
Note: Only Permanent L5 with minimum 1 year at current role candidates will be considered for this role
Back to top