Manager, Database Administration
Finance Technology is looking for a Manager for its Database Engineering team. The Finance Technology team operates the largest FinTech transactional and BI platforms in the world. The Technical Operations and Infrastructure team is responsible for the engineering and operations of hundreds of platforms, services, and databases that support the world's largest financial and payment platforms.
The DBA Manager will own the engineering and operations of these platforms to enable high availability, continuous scaling for Amazon's growth, and will own the business continuity planning for Amazon's mission critical financial platforms. This role will lead the conversion of multiple, global platforms to AWS, and will be responsible for driving material availability and latency improvements in all aspects of technical infrastructure. S/he will be responsible for leading in an exceptionally talented organization. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building large, scalable, durable platforms, high-performing teams, and is able to play multiple leadership roles from creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, and learner.
As head of the DBA team, S/he will lead the organization in platform scoping, and roadmap and architecture discussions across multiple teams. S/he will work closely with product and application owners to deliver automated solutions, and scalable tools that meet the need of a trillion dollar company. S/he should have an uncanny ability to pinpoint problem areas, dissect core system and networking architectures, uphold platform quality by driving design tenets across a multi-faceted software engineering team.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- · Minimum of 10 years System Engineering Database Administration experience with administering and supporting multiple Oracle databases for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform
- · Minimum of 7 years of building and managing teams
- · Minimum of 7 years of infrastructure engineering experience focused on performance and availability solutions.
- · Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- · Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- · Experience in Oracle ERP, AWS, Full Stack
- · Experience in creating automation tools for auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
- · Data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell scripting
- · Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top