Manager, Content Management
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to join a dynamic Amazon team that is focused on delivering critical content to Amazon's Selling Partners? The Seller Experience-Content Management team owns the creation of SOPs and the content experience. This team is currently looking for a strong Manager with experience in content strategy and new ways to deliver content to global users to improve the customer experience.
The successful candidate will manage a team of technical writers. This includes regular meetings with direct reports and the global team /business stakeholders, resource planning/allocation, delivering programmatic goals, and managing the team's performance. Additionally, the candidate would also be expected to drive content related programs from conception to delivery working in collaboration with stakeholders globally. This role requires an individual with excellent mangerial skills, who can coach individuals to progress through skill sets and into promotinal opportunities. The right person will have great excellent analytical abilities and project management skills. The candidate must be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, capable of diving deep, and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Great interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication, time management, ability to multi-task efficiently, and openness to change are required. Demonstrated affinity for technology and a background in technical writing, editing, and information design would be a plus. A passion for communicating effectively and a healthy sense of humor are essential to the role.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Minimum 3 years as Team Manager of a technical writing or documentation team.
• Minimum 5 years in technical writing and editing with experience owning editorial and technical style guides
• Proven leader who has a demonstrated track record of managing an instructional content team and on-time delivery of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Experience in management of instructional content strategies including content reduction, content tagging and metadata strategies
• Experience creating and refining content products to meet customer needs; acquiring customer feedback to drive innovation
• Experience with HTML, XML, DITA, and content management systems (CMS).
• Ability to understand complex applications and system concepts..
• Passionate about data, discovering new trends, and driving actions through insights.
• Bachelor's degree in English, communications, or related field
• Experience working as part of a global team supporting multiple languages.
• Experience creating content for translation and localization.
• Experience in editorial/peer review.
• Keys to success in this role include program leadership experience.
• Preference is for candidates with exceptional analytical skills, project management and interpersonal skills along with an intense customer focus.
• Leadership/project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional discussions and to effectively scope and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top