To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services (AWS) around the globe, we are seeking an innovative, driven, and experienced manager to join the AWS Training and Certification Team. In this role, your passion for certification development will be used to develop, lead, and inspire a team of Exam Development Program Managers who are creating world-class technical certification exams to be delivered globally in multiple modalities.
As part of the team, you will work closely with psychometric and technical staff members to develop compelling, valid, reliable, fair, and relevant certifications that support the AWS platform. You will creatively seek out and embrace forward-looking, innovative approaches to exam development that hone efficiency and maintain or enhance quality.
You will work to align with stakeholders on complex projects and work with managers to define goals and metrics for exam development.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Guide and manage a team of remote exam developers
• Manage and refine the exam development and maintenance process
• Coordinate with psychometric, publishing, and content teams, while ensuring adherence to ISO/ANSI and NCCA standards
• Create and manage exam development project schedules and priorities and communicate the schedules internally/externally
• Define and enforce certification exam design guidelines
• Leverage strategies and tools for increasing item output and mitigating security risks
• Ability to travel 35%
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $108,600 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• 3+ years of experience managing a high-stakes exam development team
• 5+ years of experience in exam development, including facilitating and leading item development workshops and pretesting items
• 2+ years of experience creating exams that adhere to ISO/ANSI and/or NCCA standards
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to travel 25%
• Experience developing IT certifications
• Performance-based item development experience
• Experience creating models for automatic item generation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting in large groups including senior management
• A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Experience working with multiple item banking systems and assessment delivery platforms
• Experience with linear-on-the-fly test delivery
• Adept problem solver with strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Working knowledge of psychometric theories related to item development and analysis
• Excellent interpersonal skills