Manager, Business Intelligence Engineering
- Shanghai, China
Asia Global Sales is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineering Senior Manager who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The selected candidate will have a passion for building scalable mechanisms that directly supports the growth of the Amazon Asia and Worldwide Global Sales businesses through strong business acumen and Business Intelligence Engineering capabilities.
Successful attributes include, effective communicator and leader of various levels and audiences, the capacity to remain flexible and adept at learning new tools, and the facility to implement new systems within a team atmosphere. Our environment is deadline driven and fast paced and therefore requires detail-oriented individuals comfortable interacting or working with multiple teams (business and technical).
As you further your career as a Business Intelligence Manager in Asia Global Sales, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will build capacity solutions for the growing managed businesses. You will solve real world problems and build metrics and business cases to improve decision making.
Responsibilities may include:
• Build Capacity solutions for a fast growing org
• Drive strategies for organizational wide operational excellence and operational programs
• Develop data science strategy
• Partner with internal teams to translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis and reporting requirements.
• Create a product roadmap and prioritize scalable projects
• Evolve Day to Day operations reporting mechanisms
• Work with teams from across Amazon to improve data quality within their respective products and platforms
• Work with software developers / data engineers to improve data quality on our state-of-the-art platforms
• Drive operational excellence for data ingestion, transformation and publication to ensure confidence in the systems we build.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Developing and transforming a team to world class standards for technical, analytical, and business partnership/influence capabilities
§ Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Engineering, MIS, or a related field
§ Demonstrated results in leading engineering, data engineering, and/or analyst teams
§ 10 years of professional experience in analytics, business intelligence engineering, or comparable consumer analytics position
§ 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
§ Experience with data pipeline design and management
§ Excellent proficiency in SQL, Python, and other critical BI tools required
§ Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
§ Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
§ Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
§ Masters degree is preferred
§ Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables
Back to top