Manager, Business Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
Looking for your next challenge? North America Sort Centers (NASC) are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a skilled, highly motivated BI Managers to join the NASC SPEeD (Sortation Products Engineering and Data) team. The Sort Center network is the critical Middle-Mile solution in the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) group, linking Fulfillment Centers to the Last Mile. The experience of our customers is dependent on our ability to efficiently execute volume flow through the middle-mile network. The SPEeD team is expected to build scalable solutions to address increasing operational complexity from the evolution of new processes such as containerization, heavy-bulky freight, international shipping, customer returns, and Amazon Robotics solutions. We need to continuously innovate on behalf of our customers and develop new platforms and new science-based planning tools to efficiently match processing supply to logistics demand.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal sort center solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
This is an entirely new initiative and great development opportunity which gives you the ability to come and shape our destiny! You will build new services and experiences and will work with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of teams and services across Amazon. Also, you will have an opportunity to get guidance from principal product managers and senior engineers to help with your professional growth and development.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• A bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with technical background.
• Lead a team to business intelligence engineers to solve complex business problems using analytical solutions.
• 5+ years' experience as a Business Intelligence or equivalent role
• 5+ years of experience in managing Business intelligence engineers.
• Proficiency with SQL, data warehousing, analytical techniques, statistical algorithms, scripting languages (R/Python)
• Experience in solving business problems by leveraging advanced analytical techniques
• Strong Analytical skills has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem
• Communication skills Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems through simple means. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
• Plan optimization in the area of process and reporting across the compliance organization.
• Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to compliance operation.
• Capture the right metrics to influence stakeholders and measure success.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• 8+ years of experience in managing Business intelligence engineers.
• A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top