Manager, Business Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and customer obsessed people. As a member of the Consumer People Analytics (CPA) team, you will have an opportunity to be a thought leader in Amazon and work with a group of talented product managers, program managers, data engineers, software developers, and business leaders.
The CPA is a growing start-up team responsible for the talent research & analytics for the entire Consumer organization. We are an internal provider of analytical solutions, transform massive, complex data into quantifiable relationships, trends and actionable insights to drive changes and inform decisions. We work closely with the business teams and answer their questions by developing data infrastructure, designing and building metrics, providing automated self-service tools, and conducting statistical analysis. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Leader, who is a strong problem-solver, with excellent analytical abilities and a strong background in analytics.
• Excited to analyze and explore large data! You will have the opportunity to give potentially game-changing recommendations to the business
• Managing a high performing team of Business Intelligence Engineers
• Perform comprehensive analysis to support ad-hoc & strategic reporting requests
• Gather requirements through direct interaction with business, science, and software development teams.
• Constantly challenging the status quo and proposing alternative solutions to drive the efficiency
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
• Standardize and contribute to the continuous improvement of our reporting infrastructure, being responsible for bringing forward new ways to better understand our business
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for predictive data analyses
• Ensure a high quality of information in all reporting and data sources
• Masters with seven years of experience or a Bachelors with ten years of experience.
• 3+ years of relevant managerial experience
• Experience in SQL, R, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
• Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
• Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, using strong baselines, and determining cause and effect relations
• Ability to take complex business problems and translate them into clear and accurate results
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
• Experience in predictive analytics using machine learning techniques and able to use scripting languages such as Python or R to evaluate data
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/ BIE/ statistical analysis role
• Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math, • Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics
• Experience working in the areas of machine learning, inferential statistics and predictive modeling
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues, use data and metrics to back up assumptions and make actionable recommendations
• Experience in delivering solutions using AWS technologies
• Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top