Manager , Business Intel
- Battle Ground, WA
Amazon's Operations Engineering Services Business Intelligence Team is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) Manager to lead the development and implementation of scalable data systems and reporting mechanisms for the organization. The Engineering Services organization is responsible for delivering capacity to the Amazon Fulfillment network, including planning, configuration management, design, construction, startup, procurement, launch, and operations engineering teams. The BIE Manager would enable the team to use data analytics to support decision making, improve processes, and surface opportunities.
The BI Manager will partner with teams across engineering services to design and develop frameworks enabling insightful analysis of the business to key stakeholders. Your team will push traditionally accepted process boundaries and engineer automated scalable solutions leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) to seamlessly integrate BI tools including but not limited to Tableau, QuickSight, Cradle, R etc. This position will be responsible for leading a BIE team building out analysis and visualization tools and processes to support our growing Amazon Logistics business in Europe and Worldwide.
The Individual will work with the team to manage the requirement planning, effort and timelines. Follow and achieve the roadmap planned for the team.This individual will work with technical and business teams to optimize planning, execution, process improvement and track progress against goals. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoy working with large scale of data.
Core Job Responsibilities include:
• Partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
• Partner with Data Engineering and Software Development Engineers to prioritize and define data and BI development needs
• Work with in-house teams to identify new BI capabilities and projects
• Conduct deep dive investigations into operations execution and business problems, identify opportunities, and lead or support implementation (role varies by opportunity).
• Strong leadership, vision and passion to build and drive a Business Intelligence team to create changes in business partnerships, analytics, and metrics/reporting.
• Drive the design, development and implementation of our analytics platform to provide stakeholders with structured access to data.
• Champion proper adoption of self-service analytic tools and reporting environments.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards that monitor and drive key business decisions.
• Promote best practices and mentor your team.
7+ years of professional experience in business intelligence and analytics. • 5+ years of successful business intelligence or analytics team management experience, including employee development, performance management, and delivering results. • Experience using SQL, ETL, and big data technologies in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets. • Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree.
Deep experience in a fast-paced environment and/or a blue-chip company, preferably in Business Intelligence and/or Reporting. • AWS Platform Development experience (Redshift) • Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or other related discipline. • An excellent knowledge of data warehouse principles and reporting. • Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, and build reports. • Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. The ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely through big data analysis. • Highly organized and able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines. • Able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively across organizational boundaries. Able to coach and lead others effectively. • Passionate about scalable and future-proof processes, systems and data analytics. • Able to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes. • Experience with statistics or Machine Learning methodologies a plus. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top