Our mission in Buyer Risk department is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting our Customers and deterring the ill-intentioned. Through technology and process improvements, we manage risk across multiple geographies and markets that have their own diverse set of buyers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
As an Escalation Program manager, you will be an integral member leading a team of specialists who conduct complex investigations of fraud activity. You will help lead initiatives and programs that solve new and emerging fraud threats to Amazon. You will be at the forefront of keeping abreast of trends and fraud issues impacting the Customers. You will ensure customer is heard throughout the escalation process by establishing correct expectations, enforcing relief and providing effective communication.
As a people manager, you will be in-charge of managing a team of 5-7 escalation specialists at one site across buyer functions. The job duties will include providing leadership and administrative support to the team, focusing on people development and meeting decision quality targets.
As a program lead, you will be responsible to provide insights into opportunities to improve processes, policies and technologies across multiple domains. You will be expected to participate in strategic planning and project road mapping activities for the team. You will leverage your analytical and data skills to dive deep on a myriad of fraud activity to help our customers, work with stakeholders to identify trends and provide recommendations to avoid the issues to persist in future.
Although the position will be located in Seattle, the successful candidate will be required to mentor specialists worldwide as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2+ years experience in program or project management
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in an analytical or technical field.
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and team management skills.
. Proven ability to work independently and deal with a high level of ambiguity.
• Proven advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
• Proven presentation skills regarding complex and sensitive customer issues and ability to query, analyze and draw reasonable conclusions from large data sets.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including ability to negotiate on recommendations with both internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record of driving change and innovation and thinking out-of-box outlook.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in responding to tight deadlines and workflow fluctuations.
• Experience leading a team.
• Buyer risk and fraud process specific expertise.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) and/or Six Sigma, Lean operations certifications or MBA in relevant field of operations.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.