Manager, AR Hardware Support Engineering (Europe)
- Berlin, Germany
Manager, Amazon Robotics Hardware Support Engineering Europe
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet.
The Amazon Robotics' Hardware Support Engineering (HSE) team is responsible for providing ongoing hardware consultation support to our customers and partners. Field HSEs are responsible for driving reliability and performance of robotics hardware, deploying new products to the Amazon Robotics network, launching new buildings, monitoring AR HW performance and providing on-site support to address emerging hardware issues. This team delivers on this mandate by working on-site with Amazon's Reliability and Maintenance Engineering teams and the Amazon Robotics Engineering teams to: create and promote best practices and standard work, track metrics and hardware performance KPIs to drive action or escalations on undesirable trends, execute field hardware audits and deep dives, perform hands on hardware troubleshooting, gather data for engineering analyses, and conduct on-site hands-on training of field teams. All these activities are performed to ensure our partners and operations customers are successful. The team is also chartered with addressing Europe centric hardware problems and continuously improving our field support services and processes, tailored for the European customers and operational requirements. This team delivers on this mandate by partnering with experts across North America and Europe to adapt best practices across regions, or to define European centric processes, metrics, or mechanisms.
We are seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated hardware leader to take the European HSE team's customer engagement and technical problem-solving to the next level, and providing guidance and mentorship to our engineers. This role requires a technical and problem solving background as well as a strong customer focus, while keeping in mind the big picture and team's ability to scale as the AR network continues growing. The role can be located in London or Berlin.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead a distributed team of Hardware Support Engineers (approximately eight).
• Drive the European hardware support strategy and build strong cross-functional relationships with European Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Leadership.
• Lead performance analyses to identify root cause of issues, and develop containment, mitigation and corrective action plans.
• Manage projects of significant complexity, involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop mechanism to monitor and improve hardware performance across the AR network.
• Provide critical incident support by planning, managing and leading the recovery efforts
• 25% - 50% travel required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• 6+ years related experience.
• 4+ years' experience in a customer facing, service and support role.
• 2+ years' experience leading technical teams with line management responsibilities.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience leading disciplined technical problem-solving. Demonstrated experience with 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone, and FMEA, among others.
• Experience with managing projects and industry standard project management tools.
• Master's degree preferred
• Previous experience in a customer-facing hardware centric support or services role
• Experience creating training and technical documentation
• Experience with handling large data sets and developing visualization tools using Tableau or Minitab
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top