VISUAL SEARCH AND AUGMENTED REALITY
Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren't enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using pictures of celebrities or designers to find inspiration for their purchases. When images aren't enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they turn to Augmented Reality to envision how items look in their homes.
The Visual Search team has launched many solutions on the Amazon App that use computer vision and machine learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily. Multiple internal teams at Amazon use our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole spectrum of solutions across applied science, large scale service engineering, dataset curation, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. You will manage a team of scientists and engineers tasked with improving our existing visual shopping features and inventing new ways for customers to find what they are looking for with computer vision.
It's still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of online shopping.
As an Applied Science Manager in Visual Search you will:
• Lead a team to investigate and solve exciting problems in computer vision, machine learning, natural language processing, and augmented reality.
• Oversee the design, implementation, and deployment of full-stack computer vision solutions for millions of Amazon customers.
• Build on over a decade of mature visual search technology and infrastructure.
• Publish your work at internal and external computer vision conferences.
• Use the latest advances in neural networks and machine learning to bring new experiences for our customers.
You are going to love this job because you will:
• Be immersed in a "critical mass" of innovative and top caliber computer vision experts in a collegial and fun environment.
• Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value to real world customers.
• Create world-class computer vision products.
• Build on Amazon's tools and vast technical resources.
• Work in a dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
Located in our Palo Alto office, you will experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies and work alongside other teams across Amazon's businesses and technology initiatives. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate ambiguous product requirements to scientists and translate complex technical concepts to product managers and executives.
• Ability to interface with multiple partner teams and business stakeholders.
• Ability to manage a joint research program and product roadmap.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in computer vision, image processing, or machine learning.
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art.
• Experience managing a team of scientists and engineers.
• Demonstrated track record of successful projects in algorithm design, model development, dataset curation, and software development through the product lifecycle.
• Expertise in natural language processing, information retrieval, distributed systems, or other AI disciplines.
• Experience deploying solutions to AWS or other cloud platforms.