Manager, Applied Science
- Sunnyvale, CA
Interested in building cutting-edge computer vision technologies on Amazon products that impact millions of customers ?
We are the team behind Amazon products like - Echo Look, Amazon Cloud Cam, Amazon Halo and the recently announced Amazon Echo Show that is designed to move with you. If these products excite you, come and join us !
We are looking for an Applied Science Manager to build, lead and inspire a team of scientists and ML engineers solving hard problems through innovations in deep learning, Computer vision and machine learning. An ideal candidate will be data-driven, have strong technical expertise in deep learning/computer vision/ML along with experience in leading a team to ship and deliver products. You will be expected to deal with ambiguity, understand business requirements and map them to technical solutions, collaborate with multiple partner teams and be passionate in tackling challenging problems that deliver a great customer experience through innovative solutions.
• MS/PhD in computer science, mathematics or related discipline with focus on computer vision or machine learning, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning/computer vision algorithms
• 2+ years of experience managing an R&D team
• Experience in one or more areas in computer vision, deep learning such as - object detection and tracking, face recognition, scene understanding, semantic video analysis, deep learning architectures, GANs, AR/VR algorithms and 3D reconstruction.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python.
• Experience in driving strong cross-functional collaboration across multiple partner teams
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to drive data-driven decisions through metrics and analysis
• Experience in hiring and growing the team
• Experience with deep learning frameworks like Caffe, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet or others.
• Experience with computer vision libraries like OpenCV.
• Experience in shipping computer vision based products
• Publication record at relevant conferences in computer vision or machine learning
Back to top