Manager, AI/ML Software Development
- Seattle, WA
Interested in helping America's leaders use machine learning to make sound decisions to protect our country? This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
In the AWS Machine Learning team, we're enabling developers and data scientists to focus on using machine learning to model and solve critical business problems, without the heavy lifting associated with large-scale machine learning implementations. Our teams are delivering the next generation of AI/ML services with innovative offerings like Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Comprehend, and Amazon Textract, enabling our customers to combine human judgment and machine learning to massively scale their analytics and decision-making.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager (SDM) for delivering AI/ML services to the Intelligence Community. As an SDM, you will lead and own the innovation in the space, building and operating compelling functionality and new AI/ML capabilities to satisfy customer requirements for the most highly sensitive workloads.
We hold high standards for our computer systems and the services we deliver to our customers: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, all while functioning at massive scale; our employees are smart, passionate about the cloud, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with. Come help us build a state-of-the-art system!
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing and operating platforms and services, developing and hiring extraordinary talent, have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Responsible for execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Customer engagement and product roadmap definition
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
• 5+ years building and operating large-scale software systems
• 3+ years people management experience
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
• 10+ years building and operating large-scale software systems
• 5+ years people management experience
• 2+ years experience building machine learning systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise with established skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a full-stack environment
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top