Manager, Account Management
- United States
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon's Softlines vendors? Amazon's Softlines Strategic Account Services program improves customer experience on Amazon.com by working directly with vendors to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve vendor engagement and satisfaction, and enable scalability.
The Strategic Account Services team is the vendor facing arm of the program and has ultimate responsibility for delivering a high level of service to our vendors every day, ensuring high operational standards and vendor satisfaction with the program. This team is looking for managers that will own account management for a set of vendors.
The Manager of Account Management would manage the vendor service relationship for a set of vendors. They will have complete accountability of the service levels across different workflows and work with the respective internal teams to ensure service delivery as per committed SLAs. They will lead a team of vendor specialists who would manage the day to day service deliverables. The Manager of Account Management would also manage vendor service escalations and ensure appropriate resolution. They would own vendor specific service metrics and contribute to business reviews.
The ideal candidate should possess strong account management skills and be a proven people leader. They should have the ability to deliver services as per agreed service levels, manage workflows in a distributed work environment and lead or participate actively in contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
Above all, they should demonstrate a high level of ownership, as they would be the face of Amazon to the vendors, owning the vendor satisfaction and contributing to vendor experience on the Amazon platform.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver timely, accurate and professional operational support to all vendors within a specified SLA. Drive results in a cross functional environment.
• Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
• Contribute to definition and design of tools, standard operating procedures and processes.
Vendor Relationship Management:
• Serve as the first point of contact for all vendor service escalations.
• Liaise with other internal departments as required to resolve vendor's issues and questions.
• Be a consultant to the vendors to help maximize their value from Amazon Vendor Services.
• Own hiring, training, and onboarding of Account Managers.
• Ongoing performance management of Account Managers.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to Account Managers for employee development and career progression
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3+ years of people management and operations leadership experience.
• Direct experience in customer service or account management in technology, retail, telecom or hospitality industries.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.
• 6 years' experience in account management or service delivery in related industries.
• Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure service levels.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top