Manager, Account Management
- Cape Town, South Africa
Amazon is committed to supporting businesses becoming successful Selling Partners and providing the best customer experience on Amazon.com. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated leader who will manage a team of Managers focused on the growth and development of Selling Partners on Amazon. The Manager of Managers will drive Selling Partner growth and satisfaction by delivering strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards.We are looking for a seasoned leader to support our growing Account Management team, responsible for driving growth for many of Amazon's largest Sellers.
In this role, you will be responsible for all business/operational objectives of your team. You'll drive the creation and execution of strategies to improve your book of business, and deliver best in class team engagement and people development plans. You'll lead a team of managers, some of whom also manage managers, all of whom are responsible for coaching and mentoring a 20-30+ person team.
If you are interested in growing brands and businesses on Amazon, then we're interested in talking to you!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manager, Account Management are responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience through the program. The key responsibilities are as follows:
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth:
• Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
• Manage end to end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Selling Partners.
Selling Partner Relationship Management:
• Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns.
• Manage Selling Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource allocation of Account Managers.
• Monitor Selling Partner satisfaction survey results to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and mange expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
Program Process Excellence:
• Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools and processes to enhance the Selling Partner experience and drive productivity for Account Managers.
• Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve our service offerings based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
• Lead an extended team of Managers and Account Managers, prioritizing strategic initiatives and escalation support as needed.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and lead strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Finance, Global Account Management, and Central Support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
• Lead recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization.
• Bachelor's degree
• 6-8 years' experience in account management, vendor management, sales, marketing, or business development
• Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
• Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint
• 10+ years of work experience in account management, marketing, buying, eCommerce, retail technology, or software industries
• Experience working with or as a 3P Seller
• Effective in dealing with C-suite of large accounts
• Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability in learning tools and processes, effectively utilizing them for service delivery, and teaching internal or partner teams how to utilize
Back to top