Manager, Account Management - Amazon Vendor Services
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Retail Business Services (RBS) organization is seeking a Manager, Account Management to help shape the future of the EU vendor management program. The role leads a team of Account Managers responsible for managing business growth for some of the most influential Selling Partners (vendors and sellers) on Amazon, ensuring Selling Partner satisfaction with the program through a high level of service and delivery on business growth drivers. In this role, you will manage strategic joint business plans for Selling Partners across your team by collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, and business metric improvement opportunities.
As a Senior Account Manager, you will be directly responsible for managing selling partner relationships. Your North Star goal would be selling partner experience and business value generation. You will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities directly and with partners, monitor deployment of projects, and engage global resources. The ideal candidate is a rapid self-starter who possesses a strong account management background, demonstrated experience creating and maintaining business partner relationships, and a good understanding of vendor management KPIs/business growth levers. In addition to working with business partners, you will be working with cross-functional teams both internal to RBS and external Amazon teams.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and iterate data, processes, mechanisms and guardrails to improve the selling partner experience. Further, the ideal candidate is a business owner who understands the key levers to drive business growth and can operationalize those levers across their team. They have a passion for people leadership and are at their best when they're building, developing and managing high-performing teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Managers of Account Management are responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience through the program. The key responsibilities of Manager, Account Managers are as follows:
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth:
• Lead a team of 50-60 Account Managers through Senior Account Managers
• Owns all facets of the account management process for large, complex strategic accounts
• Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
• Manage end to end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional support to all Selling Partners
• Own organization goals around business goals and set aspirational target to significantly improve Selling partner experience
Selling Partner Relationship Management:
• Acts as strategic and influential partner for customers, developing solutions, prioritizing initiatives, and appropriately allocating resources for long-term success
• Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns.
• Manage Selling Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource allocation of Account Managers.
• Monitor Selling Partner satisfaction survey results to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and mange expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
• Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools and processes to enhance the Selling Partner experience and drive productivity for Account Managers.
• Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve our service offerings based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
• Lead an extended team of Managers and Account Managers, prioritize strategic initiatives and provide escalation support as needed.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contributes to and leads strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Merchant Technology, and Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing seller base.
• Leads recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization.
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of developing a high performing team.
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience with a focus in relationship management and negotiation skills.
• Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure service levels.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.
• 10+ years' experience in account management, marketing, buying, or customer service delivery in related industries like retail, telecom, technology or hospitality.
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
• E-Commerce experience preferred
• Success managing dynamic account portfolios
• Program management experience
Back to top