Maintenance Technician II - Military Veterans
"We actively seek leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action and deliver results on behalf of our customers. These principles look very familiar to men and women who have served our country in the armed forces, and we find that their experience leading people is invaluable in our fast-paced work environment." - Jeff Bezos
At Amazon, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of veterans that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The Maintenance Technician (MT) II will be responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the automated packaging and distribution equipment.
A successful candidate in this role will accomplish the following:
- Perform preventative/predictive maintenance of conveyance equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, and manuals
- Maintain and repair distribution center racking
- Complete preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Track and store department inventory, including spare parts
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Conduct maintenance and basic troubleshooting of robotics and robotic work cells
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material handling equipment components
- Maintain and troubleshoot motors, photo eyes, relays, proximity sensors, solenoids, motor starters, tachs, etc.
- Assist in mentoring junior technicians by providing guidance and directions to help them develop their skill set
- Assist with basic electronics/ Programmable Logic Controls troubleshooting
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
- Experience in the following areas:
o Automated conveyors systems and controls
o Repair of material handling equipment
o Predictive/ Preventative maintenance tools and procedures
o Metal and wood fabrication
o Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
o Electrical and electronic principles
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original
- Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
- Project Management experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with robotic operation/ maintenance
- Able to troubleshoot basic Input/Output functions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top