Maintenance Technician II
- Hamilton, NJ
About at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability & (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment () to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Technician II, you will use your skills to support the Operations team in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and pneumatic throughout the building. You will have the opportunity to install, maintain and repair automated packaging and distribution equipment. In addition to developing your skills, you will mentor junior technicians to grow in their roles.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there's more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Complete preventative routines with proper documentation
- Troubleshoot and mechanical problems related to all Material Handling Equipment () which includes belts, motors, photo-eyes, relays, and more
- Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Track and store department inventory
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Basic Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience with automated conveyor and
• 2+ years of experience in the of material handling equipment
• 2+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative procedures
• 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
• 1+ years of blueprint and schematic reading
• 1+ year of knowledge with and electronic principles
• Preferred Qualifications
• Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or field
• 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or field
• Experience with Material Handling Equipment () safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
• Experience with a Computerized System ()
• Experience with robotic operation and
• Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top