- Mansfield, United Kingdom
Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfilment Centers (FC).
Purpose of the Job:
The focus of the Maintenance Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
• Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
• React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
• Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
• Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
• Support and learn from Senior Maintenance Technicians.
• Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
• Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems
• Experience fault finding within MHE/Automation systems
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
• Basic workshop skills
• Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
• Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
• Experience of contractor management
• Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment
• Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
• Experience of high voltage switching
• Experience of sortation machines
• Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners
• Experience of print and apply machines
We're looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top